March 1st has significance because it marks we are getting closer to SPRING! Yet, some locations are still experiencing WINTER. I even heard that Tombstone, Arizona had some SNOW yesterday. Here’s just a few interesting world events that took place on March 1st:
• 1781 – In America, the Continental Congress adopted the Articles of Confederation
• 1784 – In Great Britain, E. Kidner opened the first cooking school
• 1790 – The U.S. Congress authorized the first U.S. census
• 1803 – Ohio became the 17th U.S. state
• 1862 – Prussia formally recognized the Kingdom of Italy
• 1867 – Nebraska became the 37th U.S. state
• 1869 – Postage stamps with scenes were issued for the first time
• 1872 – The U.S. Congress authorized the creation of Yellowstone National Park. It was the world’s first national park.
So, why should we be interested in March 1st? It’s a new month. A new beginning for many on diets. We could name a lot of reasons but maybe most folks just want to march on through March. The days, months, and years seem to go by fast enough, so I’d rather not march through this new month, but enjoy each day that’s blessed with God’s goodness and grace. Don’t let March leave you behind or pass by so quickly that you don’t enjoy each day God has given you.
Here’s to March 1st. Enjoy!